Do dogs dream? If you had a dog, you would know that the answer was yes. Now, imagine yourself watching that dream from a dog’s point of view – that would pretty much be how it feels like to play Doggins, an iOS game app!
Doggins looks quite charming, doesn’t it? Well, it is.
Giveaway alert: Doggins is not a free app. It costs $3.99 – I know, bummer! But here at Tech Envy, you can get the Doggins app absolutely free.
Doggins for iOS: Barking at the Right Tree
If you love dogs and games, it makes sense for you to gravitate towards Doggins, a game app made for iOS. But before you hit the install button, there are 5 surprising things about the Doggins app that you need to know.
And because we love you, we are giving away promo codes for lucky readers. Just keep doing what you’re doing – reading, that is – and you’ll find out how to download the app for free. (Update: There are two promo codes left! Hurry!)
Doggins Game App for iOS: 5 Things that Might Surprise You
Before you join the giveaway, you might want to learn a few things about Doggins. It might whet your appetite for a brand new app.
- Doggins is a canine adventure that involves tissue paper, squirrels, and road accidents. That sounds like such a random list. But you’ll realize how it all makes sense once you help the terrier accomplish his mission to save mankind.
- Doggins is a game you shouldn’t play with a walkthrough. You might get stuck once in a while, but it’s the one game where relying on a walkthrough will significantly shorten gameplay.
- The Doggins game is an app you can play alone with kids (if you so wish). Doggins was created by a husband-and-wife team. Not surprisingly, it’s a game you can play together with, say, your daughter or nephew. Or you can go at it alone – either way, you will have a good time.
- When you play Doggins, you will uncover secret rooms and get the chance to wear a moon boot. Not to mention getting educated on how to tie your bow properly!
- Doggins can be downloaded for free courtesy of Tech Envy! If you want to get the app for free, here’s your chance.
Doggins for iPad: App Review
Now, here’s what we honestly think about the Doggins app. (Disclaimer: I received the app for free for review purposes but this will not influence my opinion.)
Here are things you need to know to complete the Doggins game.
The Doggins Plot
A cute terrier travels to the moon (not something he planned, I’m sure) and finds himself in the middle of a squirrel-initiated plot to destroy humanity. As man’s best friend, he has no choice but to stop the squirrels from succeeding.
Wanna stop an evil squirrel from taking over the world?
(Sounds so cute despite the morbid undertones, doesn’t it?)
Of course, it’s not that easy. You have to help him figure out how to thwart the “evil squirrel” scheme.
The simple graphics give a charismatic appeal. If you like your kitchen clean as a whistle, I get the feeling you’ll enjoy playing Doggins.
Clean and simple – if you’re not yet a minimalist, you will be after this game.
Game and app developers should always aim to provide simple controls instead of ridiculously complicated ones. It’s a matter of courtesy. Thanks to the team behind Doggins for being courteous, not to mention brilliant.
Level of Difficulty
You don’t need gamer reflexes to finish the game. You will, however, need a lot of zen-like patience.
If you’re the type of gamer who doesn’t like getting stuck, you will either end up looking for walkthroughs or you’ll learn how to meditate while playing Doggins.
Can’t find the secret room above? Sleep on it. Seriously.
Although the game is not difficult, you might need to tinker with it in different ways before you finish its entirety.
Tip: If you get stuck, just close the app and play it again tomorrow. Besides, given its short game time, it’s best savored slowly rather than swallowed whole.
If you want to play Doggins, here are six things for you to expect.
- You might find Doggins a little too short. The game plot provides enough amusement for prolonged gameplay. However, the game isn’t long enough for me! It would be wonderful if I could play the game for a longer period of time.
- You don’t need to be a true-blue gamer to enjoy this game. The interface is simple and easy to follow. All you need is to swipe or tap.
- There are different puzzles you need to figure out. You might miss the clues once in a while, but spend enough time playing the game and you’ll see them soon enough.
- You need to unlock a secret room to proceed. Spend time to look around; it’s more fun than relying on a walkthrough.
- You might need to swipe more than once to activate specific objects. That’s the case in real life, anyway: Sometimes, you need more than just one try to get things rolling.
- You can combine objects to modify their function. Try merging different objects in your inventory if you get stuck.
Rating for the Doggins game app for iOS:
Don’t be fooled by the cutesy puzzles; after all, your aim in this game is to help a dog thwart a scheme to end humanity as we know it. The children’s-book appeal also gives it an irresistible charm, one that almost doesn’t belong in a game with a plot to end civilization. Too bad it’s too short.
Doggins is an adventure app that proves how a game doesn’t need complicated graphics to provide great visuals. It is engaging without being too complicated, offering puzzles that don’t get you too frustrated.
It’s a game app you can play by your lonesome – but you can play it with little kids, too, if you wish.
Purchase Doggins on the App Store
– or read on to get it for free.
Wanna Win the Doggins App Giveaway?
If you’re curious what tricks the dog’s got up his sleeves, try the game out yourself! You can win the game and install it on your iPad or iPhone for free if you win any of the two promo codes we are giving away.
Joining the giveaway is simple. All you need is a Facebook account plus a Twitter OR Instagram account. We are choosing one winner on Twitter and another winner or Instagram!
Here’s how you can join our short but sweet Doggins app giveaway.
- Like our Facebook page.
- Click “share” on the photo of Doggins that we have posted on our Facebook page. Share it PUBLICLY, tag us, and make sure this is your caption:
Tech Envy is giving away promo codes for apps – you might want to follow them here on Facebook and join their giveaway! #TechEnvy
If you do it right, this is how your Facebook status will look like:
- To join the TWITTER giveaway, simply follow us on Twitter and tweet this:
Joining the Twitter giveaway by @TechEnvyNet coz I wanna win the Doggins app! #TechEnvy #appgiveaway
- To join the INSTAGRAM giveaway, simply follow us on Instagram save our Instagram photo of the Doggins app and share it on Instagram with this caption:
@TechEnvyNet is giving away this awesome Doggins app and I’m joining! #GiveawayGram #TechEnvy #techieproblems
The Doggins giveaway ends on August 5. Winners will be chosen via a randomizer. All winners must use their promo codes before August 7 or they forfeit their chance to win.
That’s it! No fuss. All you have to do is click, like, tweet, repost, or share. You’ve been doing it almost everyday, anyway, so you might as well do it to win something, right?
Speaking of Giveaways…
…You might want to join the Grand Rounds Med Book Giveaway by our resident blogger, Dr Stef dela Cruz! She’s giving away comic books and medical books all year long. To join, just do a little sleuthing on her Facebook page.
Now, don’t be selfish. You know your friends might want to win this app, too, so share the good news with your Facebook friends.
What other app would you want us to feature? Let us know. Leave a comment and we just might take your advice!